What am I going to do with all of this artwork?
Some children will spend a lot of time painting one piece; most will finish in a matter of minutes if not seconds. This leads to a massive amount of artwork. Throwing out (after spending a required amount of time on your walls, of course) may seem wasteful. So, what can you do with all of it? Here is a short list:
- Use it as gift wrap and as cards (see photo)
- Hand-off to unsuspecting relatives
- Turn it around and use the back for more easel work
- Cut it into small shapes and use it for collages
- Dip cookie cutters into black paint and stamp on top of it to make a new masterpiece
- Frame it. Seriously at least ½ of the framed art in my house was created by my kids. It looks great, I get compliments all of the time.
- Be green right from the beginning and have your children paint on something you were going to throw out anyway (newspaper, large pieces of card bard, gift wrap.)
What have you done with artwork, besides hanging it on your walls and throwing it away?